How Can Autism in Children be Noticed And there Ages
Autism, or autism spectrum disorder (ASD), is refers to a range of conditions characterized by challenges with social skills, repetitive behaviors, speech and none verbal communication. According to the Centers for Disease Control, autism affects an estimated 1 in 70 children in the world. Autism in children covers a large spectrum of symptoms, skills, and levels of impairment, Children with autism have trouble communicating.
They have trouble understanding what other people think and feel, Children who are autistic may have repetitive, stereotyped body movements such as rocking or hand flagging.
Most children with autism also develop seizures. And in some cases, those seizures may not occur until adolescence stage. They may have unusually developed skills in other areas, such as
- Creating music.
- Solving math problems and many more.
What Causes Autism?
This question goes through the mind of every parents who has an autistic child at home, autism in children could be genetic, but there are other ricks factor that could cause increase in having an autistic child.
Advanced age of the mother or the father increases the chance of an autistic child, during pregnancy if the mother is exposed to some certain drugs or chemical,her child is likely to be autistic.
Symptoms of autism
Symptoms of autism does appear during the first three years of life. While some children show signs from birth. There are many warning signs and symptoms, but they revolve around such as:
Impaired social skills, Speech and Language difficulties and Non-verbal communication difficulties.
- Has trouble understanding feelings or talking about them
- Doesn’t know how to connect with others, play, or make friends
- Doesn’t seem to hear when others talk to them
- Doesn’t share interests with others (painting, toys)
Difficulties in Signs of speech
- Speaks in an abnormal tone of voice
- Difficulty in communicating needs or desires
- Doesn’t understand directions, statements and questions
- Repeats the same words over and over
- Doesn’t pick up on other people’s tone of voice or expression
- Avoids eye contact
- Abnormal posture, clumsiness, or eccentric ways of moving (e.g., walking on tiptoe)
- Difficulty in adapting to any changes or environment
- Spends long periods watching moving objects
Pictures of Children With Autism
How Is Autism Diagnosed?
Doctors usually check babies and little kids for signs of autism at every checkup, parent may think that something is wrong and report to the doctor. If the child is old enough to speak but doesn’t, Or the kid doesn’t seem interested in people or plays in unusual ways.
When a doctor thinks a child might have autism, he or she will work with a team of experts to see if it is autism or something else.
Autism in children makes it hard for them to make friends or fit in, they can’t deal with loud noises, lights and crowds. Some kids need only a little bit of help and others might need a lot of help with learning and doing everyday stuff. Reducing Autism risk: Take multivitamin during pregnancy and practice prenatal care by eating healthy foods, this methods can help reduce autism in children. If you have any question to ask, we are here to assist at any time.