Colon cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the large intestine, it is also known as colorectal cancers, the colon is the final part of the digestive tract. Colon Cancer in females is on the rise in among 20 to 49-year-olds.
Symptoms may be minor during the early stages of the disease.
Types Of Colon Cancer
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors
- Carcinoid tumors
Early warning signs of colon cancer
- Anemia caused by iron deficiency
- Persistent abdominal pain, cramping or bloating
- Unexplained weight loss
- Change in bowel habits (diarrhea, constipation, or stool consistency)
- Rectal bleeding or blood in the stool
Symptoms of colorectal/ colon cancer can also be caused by something not cancer, such as infection, irritable bowel syndrome and hemorrhoids, all you need to do is to understand your body well so that you can know when to visit your doctor.
Causes Of Colon Cancer
Doctors are not certain about what causes most colon cancers.
In general, colon cancer begins when healthy cells in the colon develop changes.
- Inflammatory intestinal conditions: Chronic inflammatory diseases of the colon, like ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, can increase your risk of colon cancer.
- Older age: Colon cancer can be diagnosed at any age, but most people with colon cancer are older than 50. The rates of colon cancer in people younger than 50 have been increasing.
- African-American race: African-Americans have a greater risk of getting colon cancer than do people of other races.
- Obesity: People who are obese have a higher risk of colon cancer and an increased risk of dying of colon cancer when compared with people considered normal weight.
How To Be Prevented From Colon Cancer
Screening colon cancer:
Colon cancer in females is one of the most treatable cancers, but the only way to detect it is through screening, going for screening could help save your life. People with an average risk of colon cancer can start their screenings at age 50.
Treatment Of Colon Cancer
The treatment of colon of colon cancer that have spread beyond the colon organ has option of treatments.
- Chemotherapy: it can shrink or kill cancer cell
- Surgery: it can help remove tumors from the organs and help reduce the risk of complication.
- Immunotherapy: it helps your body immun system fight cancer.
Changes in Lifestyle that can reduce the risk of colon cancer
Maintain a healthy weight: If you are at a healthy weight, work to maintain your weight by combining a healthy diet with daily exercise, if you are obese stay on a healthy diet and exercise often.
Eat a variety of whole grains: fruits and vegetables. It contains minerals, fiber and antioxidants, which also may play a role in cancer prevention.
Smoking: Avoid Excess of smoking and keep up with (liquid substance) such as, Water.
Alcohol: Alcohol use has been linked with the higher risk of the colon, and can also rise estrogen level in once body.
Cutting down on alcohol may help lower the risk of colon cancer.
You can speak for your body more than any other person, so also speak up if you notice a funny change in your system.
With the guideline given you can know the signs/symptoms of colon cancer in females, the changes in lifestyle that can reduce the risk, the causes of colon cancer, how to be prevented from it and many more… If you have any question to ask, you can make use of the comment box, we are here for you at all time